Everyone knows the importance of remaining fit. To get in shape and to lead a good life style, people adopt to various kinds of exercise programs. Though working out has many health benefits, it has a minor number of disadvantages too. One such drawback is the sweat that is produced while performing exercises and workouts is harmful for hair.
So in order to prevent our hair from sweat damage certain steps are required to be taken. Read further to know more about them…
How sweat damages hair?
When we sweat, salt is built up that tends to get lodged in our hair and on our scalp. This layer of salt makes our hair dry and ultimately leads to their breakage.
For maintaining healthy hair we need to first maintain healthy scalp. Our scalp has tiny pores that absorb essential nutrients and other substances. Salty sweat blocks up these pores and sometimes gets absorbed by these pores. Hence it is very important to get rid of sweat on your hair even while you are doing workout.
How to maintain shiny and healthy hair after workout?
Here are some tips we need to follow to prevent our hair from getting damaged from sweat while working out…
- During workout, try to keep your hair tied. Use soft band to tie them up in a high pony. Make sure that your pony stays away from your face and neck as this will cause less sweat and makes you feel comparatively cooler.
- To avoid sweat near hairline, use sweat band or cotton scarf or cotton hair band.
- Keep a hand napkin with you while working out. Use this napkin to wipe out sweat from your head and face during the intervals you take while performing exercises.
- Wash your hair as frequently as like twice or thrice in a week, especially if you are indulged in intense workouts.
- To maintain moisture in your hair, follow hot oil treatment at least once a week.
- Also you can use hair masks once in a month for keeping your hair moisturized.
Workout makes you get rid of toxins from the skin, and so you will sweat while doing it. This will probably makes your skin glowing from inside but damages your hair. Hope the tips discussed above will help you maintain your hair in a great way while performing your favorite exercises.