Mostly people think that heart disease is genetic, but it is preventable too. When talking of heart disease we lack the power of changing some risk factors which are family history, sex or age but, we can surely prevent ourselves from this deadly disease. In order to reduce the risk of heart disease it is advised to-
- eat well
- rest well
- exercise more
But, from now on it will also be advised to drink well.
Now, we say that drinking too is good for our heart. It may be hard to believe but, it is as true as the sun rises from the east. So let us tell you about some healthy drinks which are generally not known as the health drinks but, will be known from now on.
We provide you with some sipping suggestions that will help the health of your heart to be on track:
- Coffee: It is rich in antioxidants and is easily available everywhere. These antioxidants reduce inflammation thus reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Pomegranate Juice: It was supposed to be a special item earlier but, now it is available everywhere. It is its antioxidant property that is effective in lowering cholesterol, reducing arterial plaque and increasing blood flow to the heart.
- Red Wine: It contains ‘resveratrol’ which is a cardio protective compound. Resveratrol has antioxidant properties and protects the blood vessels in the heart which helps in preventing the formation of blood clots.
- Black Tea: The process of fermentation is responsible for changing the chemical composition of the leaves which produces more powerful antioxidants and support the health of the heart. It reduces the risk of stroke, improves the function of blood vessel and improves the blood flow in coronary arteries.
- Green Tea- It also contains lots of antioxidants like black tea but, it isn’t fermented. It is proved that its consumption in higher quantity results in a lower risk of coronary artery disease. Its consumption is also linked with lower cholesterol and lesser risk of blood clots.
- Water: If your body is dehydrated, the bold in your body becomes thicker and then your heart has to put in more efforts to pump the blood to the whole body. Hydration reduces risk factors for coronary heart disease, including blood viscosity. Hence, no other liquid is better than the water for hydrating the body,
Heart is an important organ of our body. It is the lifeline for us. It plays a major role in our being alive. We cannot miss to care for it! We do a lot in order to care for it- avoiding the food that is harmful (for this we also have to avoid our cravings), working out in order to stay fit and fine and what not. But, from now on we just have to drink the drinks which we often have every now and then.
Simple, isn’t it?