Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol is considered as bad cholesterol for health. When LDL cholesterol level increases in your blood cells the blood vessels infuse with calcium salt, thus the stroke and heart diseases chances are increased. According to doctors, LDL cholesterol should remain130 mg per deciliter or below. There are two types of cholesterol present in the body. First one is easily known but second one is High Density Lepoprotien (HDL) which is considered as good cholesterol and it should remain 60 gm per deciliter or above.
As you know that increased LDL cholesterol level in blood cells is crucial to your heath, it’s important to regulate blood cholesterol to minimize the risks.
There the two ways to reduce bad cholesterol in body medically and naturally. Medical procedure to reduce bad cholesterol is not only quite expensive but could cause side effects as well. Experts also say that natural methods are safe and effective to lower down your high cholesterol. If you are suffering from LDL and want to treat your problem permanently then try natural methods.
Natural Foods to Reduce Cholesterol Level
One of the most essential things to do in reducing cholesterol naturally is dietary changes. Unhealthy foodstuffs are considered as one of main reason behind the increased cholesterol level in the body.
- Saturated fats and refined sugars should be avoided if you have cholesterol problem. These stuffs can trigger the boost in cholesterol level.
- Here is a range of foodstuffs which should comes in healthy cholesterol diet such as avocados, soy beans, shiitake mushrooms, chili peppers, almonds, garlic and olive oil.
- These are some potent foodstuffs which fight against high level of bad cholesterol such as oat bran, beans such as (kidney, navy, pintos, back etc), fatty fish, onions, and flax can do wonder for you.
- You should avoid Trans fat product for instance fried food, commercially prepared food etc. as these foodstuffs raise level of LDL cholesterol. Try to consume more steamed, boiled, baked and grilled food instead of the fried foodstuffs.
- You can include omega-3 fatty acids in your everyday diet regime and get lower cholesterol. You can also add albacore tuna, sardines, salmon, canola oil, flaxseed and vitamin such as A, C, E which can reduce to LDL cholesterol level.
These aforementioned foods are actually helpful to maintain your cholesterol level. But experts advise to combine these with exercises to reduce high cholesterol level effectively. But continuity is very important in regulating your cholesterol level.