While people are finding ways to lose their pounds, there are some people who need pounds to be added and are desperate to gain weight. Now the question is that what to do to remain healthy and also gain weight. In order to gain weight it is necessary to analyze your problem of being underweight and take measures for that accordingly. Are you eating enough and still not able to achieve the desired weight gain results? All you need is to add the right kinds of calories to your diet.
What to look for in order to gain weight?
For weight gain one should increase the healthy food intake especially food that is rich in healthy fats such as omega 3 fatty acids. These foods contain tuna, salmon, walnuts and flax seeds. Protein intake is very much essential for the healthy body as well.
Changes in the diet are very much necessary if one wants to increase weight of his/her body. Five or six healthy and balanced meals are required by any prospective weight gainer. A balanced diet is necessary for everyone and it should include all vital nutrients like Vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates and fats. People who are very skinny can use some nutritional supplements in between meals so as to gain proper weight.
Tips for weight gain
- Increase your food intake to 3 meals a day and in between keep having 2 to 3 healthy snacks.
- Eat food rich in calories. Dry fruits, starchy vegetables, cereals, whole grain bread are foods that have adequate calories.
- Eat unsaturated fats such as peanut butter, olive oil, avocados and nuts.
- Increase the intake of shakes, milk and juice instead of sodas, tea, coffee and other such drinks.
- Include weight training in your diet plan which will help you to convert calories to muscles instead of fats.
One should know the number of calories required by their body to maintain healthy weight. People who have fast metabolism should consume more calories than their body burns in order to maintain balanced weight and body proportion. One pound weight equals 3500 calories. So, one may easily calculate the calories required by the body. Some people have got less appetite. These people are suggested to take a walk to fire up the appetite and choose food according to your taste and spices. This can considerably increase your food intake as well.