Long, toned legs look pretty sexy when you wear skirts and shorts. However, when spider veins make appearances on your legs after you have hit the late thirties, these may be an indication of your aging.
What is Spider Veins?
But let me brief you on how these spider veins exactly look. As the name indicates these veins resembles a spider’s web just under the layer of the skin. When keenly observed, you will notice a network of some thin red or blue veins just below the skin. These are telangiectasias, also known as thread veins. It is a common problem in women after aging. The process of aging reduces the production of collagen which makes the skin weak and problems like spider veins starts showing.
The reasons that cause this problem-
The reason behind such vein disorder is the weak valves which lead to blood leakage. Medically this problem is termed as Venus reflux. This blood becomes visible to the naked eyes at you see those spider web like structure on underneath your skin.
Normally, you witness this problem on your legs, this is because the legs bear the whole weight of the body, and thus your legs are more under pressure and risk of getting spider veins.
There are many factors associated with these, spider veins. Some of them are stated below-
- When the body undergoes hormonal changes during pregnancy or menopause, this type of vein problem might set in. Especially during pregnancy, the body undergoes huge hormonal flux. Higher amount of blood are pumped out from the heart which creates pressure in the veins and thus causes Venus reflux.
- Women who take birth control pills with concentration of estrogen and progesterone are at a risk of getting these spider veins.
- Many women build up excess weight in the later part of the life. This creates diseases like Venus reflux. Overweight bodies are builds pressure on the veins and leads to damage of the valves leading to blood leakage.
- This problem can also be hereditary. If anyone in the family was suffering from Venus reflux, you can also suffer from such vein damage.
- In case a person has injury on the leg, the veins may suffer from such type of disorder. The injury may be a bruise or swelling, but later you will witness this spider veins in the region of injury. Because injury weakens the valves and cause blood leakage.
Other reasons –
- Apart from these factors, continuous sitting or standing also creates pressure on the veins and causes Venus reflux.
- Sun damage is another reason which causes vein damage. Because most of us lay emphasis on our face neglecting the other exposed parts of the body. Therefore, always apply sun block on the exposed parts of the body before moving out in the sun.
However, these are least dangerous and without any pain. Yet, these can be the probable chance of your anxiety and frustration. So treat them when you notice them in the first place.