Pain in the gums is an irritating problem. People who are experiencing this painful problem know better how exhausted they feel. Its symptoms are generally noticeable in a form of burning sensation, itching or gnawing. A person with gum pain may observe a little bleeding when he/she brushes or flosses his/her teeth. Gum pain is truly annoying. During this condition patient can’t even eat properly. Sufferers feel a painful sensation with constant inflammation throughout the day. You can prevent your problem using some important tips.
Some Best Tips to Control Your Gum Pain:
- Avoid Aspirin: A large number of people who are suffering from sore gums use aspirin. But never use aspirin directly on the gums. Yes, aspirin might be giving some short-term relief in the pain, however, aspirin includes extremely caustic chemical that could be unsafe for your oral health. Moreover, it irritates your gum cells permanently. It can lead to severe acid burn.
- Stop Smoking: It is the biggest cause of gum pain. Due to this unhealthy habit you would not only destroy your health but also may shorten your life span. You have to know that excess smoking is the main cause to aggravate many gum ailments. Smoking destroys the mouth softness which increases the chance of gum pain and various others oral and gum related troubles.
- Try Tea Bags: In case your gums are bleeding or paining, tea bag can stop it. Just take a warm tea bag and put it on the affected areas. The tannic acid helps the blood to clot.
- Be Gentle: Sufferers who have gum pain tend to get extra vigorous with their brushing. Actually the patients feel that they can shoo away this irritating problem, but they sometimes end up inadvertently causing ulcerations and abrasions. Stop doing aggressive brushing. You should always use a soft toothbrush as a soft toothbrush can better remove plaque than hard brush.
- Consume Carefully: If you already have an ulcer or a sore in gums, try to avoid consuming anything which can aggravate the tissues. Stay away from acidic and spicy drinks & foodstuff. Oranges are a good idea to ease your pain as Vitamin C helps your oral health and hygiene. Vitamin C decreases acidic concentration, so orange juice will not cause a burning sensation when you drink it.
These aforementioned tips are actually useful during gum pain. Before using these methods talk to your medical expert at once.